Tuesday 7 January 2014

RECIPE: Big Breakfast Smoothie


Perfect way to start the day!
 
Today I had to pick something up from a friends house (hi Ryan) which is about 4.5 miles away from where I live. I decided to run there and back and I'd not done this kind of mileage in a day for a while so was pretty hungry when I got back home!
 
I got there in pretty good time and had about a hours chat with my friend Ryan (my only subscriber at the minute!) who's looking to increase the number of plant-based meals he consumes and try cut out the "crap" in his diet. He likes to make his own food and is a good cook, but knows I've not consumed animal products for around a year or so and was interested in some of the things I eat day to day. I mentioned pretty much every morning I have a smoothie or eat fruit up until midday.
 
When I got home from the run he text me to say, "Get a load of smoothie recipes up".
 
So Ryan, this one is for you!
 
Serves 1 (could be split into 2 servings)
 
Ingredients
 
500ml water
8 ripe bananas (these were small-medium) 
Handful or 2 of spinach
1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
2 tbs hemp seeds (optional)

1. Put in the blender in that order and blend away!
 
TIPS
- Use kale instead of spinach
- Swap raspberries for your favourite berry. I like blackberries and strawberries.
- You don't need a fancy blender to make smoothies. I've used a hand-blender for about a year until I saved up and got a high-speed one.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment